Thursday, January 18, 2007

Trees are Good

As some of you know, I am a bit of a nature boy. I love gardening and enjoy being surrounded by nature. I recently found a company that collects and distributes cardboard boxes- what a cool idea, reusing them uses way less resources as compared to recycling them! Check them out here.


At their site, I found a plethora of cool links to environmental sites, one being www.treesaregood.com. Great site to learn all about planning, planting, and maintaining trees in your yard or the office. There are many great reasons to plant big trees.

The best reason for me is using a deciduous (leaves fall off in Autumn) tree in front of a south-facing window because we have huge window (9 feet by 9 feet) on the front of our house- south-facing. In summer the leaves shade the house to help keep it cool and in the winter the leaves fall off to allow the sun to warm us up! Sometimes it actually gets too hot in here in winter... even with some tinting on the windows!

I find trees and plants very relaxing to be around- I think because there are no hard lines just natural, curvy, lines. Fluttering leaves is very calming as well- like watching a water fall.

Check out the site and plant some trees!!! you'll be glad you did!

No comments: