Thursday, January 25, 2007

Gia's Here!

Gia is the new daughter of Ryan and Catherine, past wedding clients of mine. We did a pregnancy shoot a few months ago and I have been itching to meet this girl ever since!

It is the coolest thing to get called for every important event in someone's life. I am so gratefull to be able to provide such an important service to people.

Wow, getting a little too mushy?? Sorry, it's how I feel.

Ryan and Catherine are just the cutest couple, I had a blast at their wedding and actually won an award for an image I made of them. I think it did well because they are so dang nice to look at!!

The shoot today went very well, Gia was a little trooper- she's a natural model!

The other great thing was the amazing light in their home. they have windows on the whole south side of the their house which lights up the sheer blinds to create a ginormous soft-box!

Cool funktified effect created in Adobe's new Lightroom (it's still in the beta version):
That's the cool light I was talking about, coming from the left (it makes it too easy).
This is up in the nursery. I was shooting the cute little door hanger that said 'Shh, Baby's Sleeping' and got the idea to shoot their little private moment of joy through the doorway to give the shot a more private, intimate feel.
I love this little moment. You can tell Mom is heaven! She and Ryan are just amazing with her, I can tell that Gia is their whole world and know that she will become an amazing person due to their love.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my god, this is my aunt cathy and yes you do the most amazing job of creating such beautiful pictures

nellynelly said...

oh my god your pictures are amazing, im catherines niece and I have seen your past work with them and all of your pictures are great!

Anonymous said...

Joel these are AMAZING!!! The pictures are so beautiful and truly do capture the special moments between parent and child. The Thomas Family LOVES them!!!