Tuesday, January 23, 2007

My Bro's on the News!

My younger brother, Jon, started BikePortland.org less than two years ago after moving to Portland and finding that there were a huge number of cyclists and not much online info about bikes in the big city. Now he owns/runs the most popular bicycle site on the planet!!

He recently posted a story about a couple of young cyclists getting beat up while riding in one of the tougher neighborhoods in Portland. Comments about similar incidences were coming in like ants to a Skittle.

The local ABC news affiliate monitors his site for good stories and noticed how concerned people were getting about this post. A reporter was at Jon's house within 48 hours of posting about the girls, interviewing him for the 11 o'clock news!

Check it out here: http://www.katu.com/news/5277051.html

I was stoked for Jon about getting on the news, of course my older brother and I had to rag on him a little... but he is sincerely proud that his creation, Bike Portland.org, is getting so many important issues in front of so many people. And I am so proud of him too.

Here's Jon with his family from Christmas:


Way to go Jonny!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Joel! I really owe it all to my older brothers. ;-).