Thursday, September 14, 2006

Last Kiss

Yes, me and Zach Braff go way back......

No, really, here is the true story:
Some really good friends of ours took us to the premier of the Last Kiss last night- so cool. We had an amazing dinner at Asia de Cuba at the Mondrian Hotel on Sunset. What a smooth place- the decor in the lobby was the coolest I have seen- very eclectic: old tree stumps for stools, yet very simple and clean, rustic old chairs right next to clean aluminum ones, nice warm tones- very relaxed and comforting.
And yes our table overlooked all of LA! The food was sooo good!!

Excuse the point and shoot images.... it is kinda cool sometimes to be forced to work with the limited features of a P&S...

A shot of Jeni and I on the way to the theater:
Sorry no photos of Zach!!

The movie was very good- felt very real (the lighting made parts of it look like a home movie- it gave a very 'real' feel) and makes you think about what marriage means... The best line said to Zach's character by his fiance's dad after he got busted cheating: Zach says "I'll do anything to make it up to her and show you that I am not going to mess up again". The Dad says "There is one thing you can do...... just do what it takes."

That's totally it in a marriage- just do what it takes- it's so simple! (sounding!)

We were freaked out seeing all the stars. Not only was the cast of The Last Kiss there, but so where all the Scrubs cast members!!! That is the one show we love to watch and they were all right there. Zach almost bumped into me! I talked to Neil Flynn (the Janitor), he is just like his character- so funny and cool! Turk was there too!!! I just wanted to give him a big handshake and a hug!! They were all so cool to each other- I'll bet it would be a great time on the set of Scrubs.

Then us nobodies were arguing about whether a guy there was the bad guy in Ghost. So I asked him: he cut me off and said in a I-get-that-all-the-time voice 'yessss'. Trying to recover I then asked if he worked on The Last Kiss: "Yes, I directed it." What a total jack-ass I felt like. His name is Tony Goldwynn and I felt like someone was going to come up behind me and throw me out!! I tried to recover again by telling him how much I liked the film and how it made me feel a closer connection to my wife of eight years. I think that did it... or maybe he was just very gracious. He was very nice.

Great night!

4 comments:

Sara France Photography said...

You never told me your wife was SO smokin hot! I assumed but you should really post more picks of her. You will get a lot more hits on your blog ;)

Sara France Photography said...

You never told me your wife was SO smokin hot! I assumed but you should really post more picks of her. You will get a lot more hits on your blog ;)

Joel Eckman Maus said...

You are too funny, Sara. I know she's hot but she hates me using her picture and I am not about to use her sexiness to promote my business....... well maybe- just playin'. thanks for the comment-

Anonymous said...

hey Joeler...neat to hear about this party. Sounded like a super cool time. I can see you being sucked into the glitz of LA movie scene. Pretty soon you and Jeni will be showing up in the movies and magazines too! You know what they say...hollywood loves a pretty face ;-).

this is sad. haven't talked to you in weeks and I'm leaving a comment on your blog.

love,
--your brother in Portland.