Tuesday, August 29, 2006

shut up!!

I finally won a first place on WPJA!!!!! I have been a member of the Wedding Photojournalists Assoc. for a few years now and have placed many times, including a second place and a third place, but the elusive first place has never been captured. There are so many amazing photographers competeing from around the world, I honestly never thought I would win a first place...


This shot was taken right after the ceremony- this little girl and her sister would not stop spinning, they loved the way the dress flared out... lucky for me I got a few shots off before she stopped... I loved shooting the flags- they were all over the place (Richard Nixon Library in Yorba Linda).

JUDGES COMMENTS: This is an example of a picture that says what words cannot. But, I guess I’ll give it a try. This picture is all about energy. The photographer found the motion of the legs, the twirl of the white dress, in contrast to the earth-bound black legs in the background and the ceremonial severity of a line of flags. The result is that the dancing legs are even lighter, faster than they would be if the background were of other dancers.

No comments: