Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The perfect setting

A week ago Saturday I shot one of my most favorite weddings ever! It was at the Bride's Parents' house in South Pasadena- a couple blocks from the Ritz. The house was built in 1912 so, of course, I loved it. The cool thing was that so much of it was original- As I walked up and into the house I had this very comfortable feeling come over me- it's like you're in a Leave it to Beaver episode- a time when things were simpler and easier- at least they seemed it!

Virginia and Brian and their great families made the day even better- they were great to shoot and were very respectful and hospitable.

The day was also fabulous because the decor was beautiful which always makes a wedding day more fun to shoot!! The design and coordination was done by Joie de Vivre in Glendale. Jennifer was great to work with- another plus!

More vendors:
El Portal Restaurant did the catering- yummy hand made tortillas for the the carnitas!
Rental Co: Town & Country, Van Nuys
Florist: Tommy Farmer, Pasadena

All in all a fun day to experience and an even more fun day to shoot!!

SLIDESHOW- click on Brian and Virginia (there are some shots of the rehearsal dinner too).








1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Honey:
It's been awhile since I looked at this and thought I'd catch up.

Can I use your picture of the rings to make a flyer?

I love your work, How's the studio?
Did I ever tell you how proud I am of you??
Love Your Aunt Nancy