Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Help to San Diego

We got an email yesterday from an old friend about helping the fire victims in San Diego. Lyndsay was planning on driving down this morning with supplies to donate to one of the church shelters: The Rock.
We got the word out via email to families we know through the kids as well as a lot of my friends and business contacts.
We ended up filling the Volvo with stuff we got and stuff other's donated. We also raised $300!
Lyndsay emailed this afternoon:

First I want to say a heartfelt thank you to all of you for your overwhelming generosity! You guys did an amazing job! This morning we packed my father-in-laws 14 foot trailer with items you donated! We spent $2000 on blankets, pillows, toiletries, food, crayons, and coloring books, paper goods, and lots of water. Richie & Selina Garcia, my mom, and I hopped into the truck and traveled down to San Diego to The Rock church. They were so thankful for our generosity. They have become a distribution center for smaller shelters, and were preparing to receive elderly evacuees this afternoon. I gave the church my contact info and they said they would call if they needed anything else!
The fire you see in the pictures were burning on the side of the 5 fwy. Pretty intense.
Thank you all!
So cool!! check out her photos: HERE.

To help local victims go to the Red Cross.

All my best to anyone affected by this catastrophe!! I can't imagine what it must feel like to have to flee your home!!

Need help, please don't hesitate to call us!- 714-448-3173.

No comments: