Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Mazen and Sara Engagement Shoot

Mazen and Sara are getting married next month at the Ojai Valley Inn and Spa- sounds like the wedding is going to be amazing! They both are into doing things differently than others which is great by me- that should actually be my motto!

We did the engagement shoot Monday down in Balboa. I have never shot there so it was fun for me. We then went to 'The Wedge' to get some shots on the rocks- the waves were huge!! I tried to talk them into standing on the rocks where the waves were breaking but they weren't into getting mashed by the waves... Oh well, next time. LOL
I used my lensbaby action on this shot to mimic the blur and the vignette of it and other older or toy cameras.

In the alley cars kept getting way too close- we were only blocking traffic a little...
Mazen totally freaked me out when he rolled up in his Porsche! I have dreamed of owning only one type of car since I was 11 or so: a Porsche Carrera. He had the Carrera 4s which is pretty much a street legal race car. He tried to make it sound like he got it for cheap or something:"I got like $30K off the sticker price". Whatever, it still cost more than all the cars I have ever owned!

...some day Mazen, some day!

On the ferry:
On the jetty; Van Gogh painted that sky.
I used a off camera light on this one to over power the sun. See the glow on the right side of her hair? That's direct sunlight.
My favorite. As we were walking back to the cars I saw this awesome backlit scene- love it!

No comments: