Tuesday, December 12, 2006

The New Guy

Ryan and Nikki got married in 2003- the early days! They were great to work with and I also shot Nikki's brother's wedding in 2004.

Sydney was Nikki and Ryan's first child- I got to shoot her just days after her birth... and now she's a big sister!!

Sydney:
With her new bro:


Who says you need a studio for shots like these?? This was on the couch in front of a window with reflectors bouncing some light back...
Sid is the best big sis!!
This shoot was so fun! It was nice to see them all again and I was honored that they call me for every important event in their lives- love you guys!

Funny story: Nikki's dad took up photography after her wedding and has been totally into it ever since. He makes some great photos- I saw a few at their house during the shoot. They have to sneak the shoots with me so as to not make him feel bad.

I love it: when Dad gets a good shot and shows the familly, they say "Great shot, Dad, but it's not a 'Joel' shot!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The skin tone shown in Sydney's photo is awsome.

Thanks for sharing.

Joel Eckman Maus said...

Thanks, I like warmer tones- I usually use the cloudy white balance with window light- sometimes shade WB.

joel