Sunday, July 09, 2006

full sun

It used to be that you couldn't shoot people in full sun with a digi (due to the low latitude- overexposing highlights) even though I have been using the D2x for over a year now, which handles high contrast situations very well, I still have to force myself to do so. I also haven't used a circular polarizer much since film days shooting transparencies. Putting a polarizer on and off a lens is a real pain for lazy- sorry, efficient shooters like me but with a big sky in the shot it makes for an awesome blue background...


I thought I would shoot the groomsmen yesterday with the sun at my back with a polarizer on the 12-24 lens to get some cool shots of the blue Huntington Beach sky along with some palm trees. After chimping these shots I got really excited- I have been known to freak out a little when the shots are getting good.... I decided to shoot the girls and the entire Bridal Party in the same way. I say entire because there were 9 guys and 9 girls not including the B&G!!



The other cool thing is that these shots need no corrections usually and the full frame 3D matrix metering mode gives an exposure that is usually right-on... RIGHT-ON, MAN! HAYYYYYYYY! Easy and fast--

tip: if your lenses take different size filters- get a polorizer for your widest lens as that's where I use it most- even though mine fits all three of my most-used lenses. Also, a circular polarizer is way more expensive, but you have to use one if you are using autofocus....

1 comment:

Sara France Photography said...

Love that guys shot!