Thursday, May 31, 2007

Oregon Trip

Last week I took a quick trip up to Oregon to take a cruise with Poppy (Dad). I don't get to see him too much so I made a trip- in the middle of the crazy busy wedding season (you gotta just do it sometimes).

I flew into Medford (Southern Oregon) and rented a motorcycle (yep, that huge Harley below). I have always wanted to see what all the hub-bub is all about with Harley's... like Macs it's just the cool factor- both good lessons in Marketing.
So I got the bike, headed over to Dad's and we took off to the coast. He got to the coast in Crescent City, CA and continued south for some cool redwood ridin'- it was just amazing riding through the gigantic trees. The weather was perfect so we had a great time.

The next day we headed north to Brookings, OR for more cool riding. The California and Oregon coasts are some of the most spectacular on the planet! Talk about rubbernecking! I almost rode off the cliff numerous times just checking out the coast and trying to shoot while riding...
At the "Trees of Mystery"- total tourist shot.

Poppy and I at the top of the cool new gondola ride at the Trees of Mystery.This was in a bar/grill we ate at. Those are all bottle openers hanging over the bar- the local boys there say it's their earthquake early warning signal- "when they start clankin' we hit the deck!"
I can never get enough of the redwoods. Being a plant freak I just love walking around in a forest enjoying the variety of plants- everything is growing.
For this shot I tested out HDR in Photoshop. It automatically merges five bracketed images to come up with a High Dynamic Range image- pretty cool.
A beach in Brookings. This is where I realized that my big lens (70-200mm) had glass elements floating around inside it due to the vibrations of the Harley!!! It's in the shop as I write this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looked like a killer trip! I've always wanted to ride from LA to Alaska on a motorcycle, one day!
vcs