Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Yesterday's Engagement Shoot


We had a great shoot yesterday- just down the street from our house right here in Fullerton.

Michele and Jimmy were great to shoot and were up for any of my crazy ideas. I love how the semi-low (from about 5-7pm) sun plays off the buildings in the city.




I played a little on the RR tracks with flash- which I don't use very often. I love the look I see in fashion mags were the flash is the main light and the sun is the fill. The look isn't anything you would see in reality so it is strikingly cool. The trick is to have the light to full power, off camera, and right up close to the subject (radio slave required) so you can get all the power possible- we've got to overpower the sun... I used a Q Flash.
Then, set the camera to the fastest sync speed and find the aperture for the correct exposure. Then play...










The shots downtown were cool too.































All in all we got some great stuff- Hope so, we shot over 300 images.

No comments: