Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Cade: in-studio

Cade was one of the toughest kids I've shot- he is so full of energy he just charged around oblivious to the fact that we were in the middle of a shoot!! How disrespectful! :)

He actually reminded me of myself and my brothers when we were little- yes, three boys, 4.5 years apart total.

Now keep in mind that this was our first real child shoot at the studio. It is so much different than shooting at someone's house! With studio lights the distance of the subject (Cade in this case) from the lights is crucial so when he's moving and walking and scooting and rolling to-and-fro, it's so hard to get the right exposure! On the flipside, it's so cool to be able to control the lights and make them do what you want.

I was running and jumping; on my feet, then knees, then feet again.... a bootcamp workout!

Now, all this said; It was totally worth all the work! This guy had some of the funniest expressions and him ignoring me made it easy to get his real personality to show through.
Is there anything better than a child's open-mouth laugh??



The couch in the next few was a prop Jeni found- love shooting over the back of it!!


That's the chair I'm sitting in right now:)
Billy Idol at one year old:
I created a new Lightroom Preset while working on this image- l think I'll be using it a lot in the future.

Cade: Thanks buddy- you broke me and the studio in right!!

No comments: