Tuesday, November 21, 2006

surf contest

It's been awhile, but I have seen my Godson Nick at a surf contest or two. It's been a looonnnngg time- he's totally pro- and taller than me I think! He's surfed his whole life- lives a block from the beach in Sunset. He is now on the legendary Huntington High Surf Team- he's in his Junior year.

It is just crazy what a man he has become- I left a high school party (yes, I was in high school at the time) at 3am to see him in the hospital after he was born- I had to borrow an old beater VW bug to get there, but I got there!

When he was just two or three I actually lived with he and his mom and dad for a bit- we used to wrestle around and play all the time all over the house. He was the only child I was ever really close to besides my own. I remember when he said my name for the first time: "By uncle Dole!" when I was leaving one day- that was the coolest!

So here's this guy I knew better as a little baby, kickin' butt on the waves. See for yourself:

He is the coolest guy- respectful and humble- I am so proud and honored to be his Goddad!

See a slideshow here.

No comments: